Tuesday, October 1, 2013

TO BE OR NOT TO BE (Expository)

°I "translated" the soliloquy on a different piece of paper that I will be uploading later (tomorrow)

As I became familiar with the text, I realized that I understood the meaning in a different level. For example, I did not see the soliloquy as a way for Hamlet to tell everyone he wanted to kill himself until after Dr. Preston said it. The first time I read it I thought that Hamlet was undecided on nether or not to live his life the way he was. Later on, I found out that I wasn't totally wrong. For example, Hamlet had decided to kill his uncle but for some reason or another, he didn't.
The meaning I liked the most was the one that can be used as a way to go through metamorphosis in a physical and/or psychological way.

No comments:

Post a Comment