Thursday, November 21, 2013

ALLEGORY OF THE CAVE SONNET (AP English)

intellectual freedom is never easy.
in a dark cave we life most of our lives.
not being able to see the real truth can be uneasy.
scholars say ignorance are like knifes.

Intellectual freedom is not common.
most people do not value mental freedom.
people missing the world is not uncommon.
ignorance can rule the world like a demon.

how can people terminate ignorance?
the decision must come from within to stop.
intelligence has a very strong fragrance.
intelligence always makes you the top.

a mind can never be kept inside a cave.
a person who gets out of the cave is brave.

7 comments:

  1. Good job with your sonnet! I like your ideas about their freedom.

    I like your blog a lot! It is so creative! I will have to visit more often. Please comment on my sonnet! I really need it!
    http://kvillarhsenglitcomp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on your sonnet. I like all of the thoughts you put into...it really made me think. Love the question in the sonnet. You did not really use fig. lang. but i really like the setting. Please visit my blog and check out my sonnet. http://emarquezrhsenglitcomp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria, This sonnet really showed me that you understood the meaing of the Allegory! Good job!
    Your blog is very inviting and user-friendly! I was wondering how you were going to prepare for the essay?
    http://kcrockettrhsenglit.blogspot.com/
    PLEASE COMMENT ON MY SONNET!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria, I really enjoyed your sonnet. I liked your approach to the sonnet, it was different! I loved the last two lines of your sonnet "a mind can never be kept inside a cave a person who gets out of the cave is brave." Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great figurative language, kind of summarized the sonnet, but I guess that was the point? Rhyming scheme was on par. Very nice! :)

    I love your background.

    Did Charles Dickens have a wife?
    http://mhillrhsenglitcomp13.blogspot.com/2013/11/allegory-of-cave-sonnet.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria to answer your question I believe that apart from having 3 quartics and a couplet a sonnet I believe is supposed to be in iambic pentameter. Ask more people do not take my word for it.

    ReplyDelete